We are proud to be part of the Ambition NPQ Alliance, delivering National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in partnership with Ambition Institute, the graduate school for teachers, school leaders and system leaders.
We design, manage and deliver a bespoke NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH offer around the core NPQ curricula, content and resources that Ambition Institute provides. Ambition Institute also provides facilitator training and quality assurance to help us deliver the best possible development to participants. Ambition Institute, as the accredited license holder, is also responsible for the assessment of all NPQ submissions.
You can find out more about Ambition Institute, the Alliance and its outcomes by visiting their website www.ambition.org.uk/about-us/ambition-institute-npq-alliance/
We work closely with Ambition Institute to ensure our offer meets all the requirements and metrics as set out by the Department for Education in the NPQ Quality Framework and the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework
The ACTS NPQ Alliance offers scale and diversity across the West Midlands through 9 Teaching School Alliances that cover a variety of settings from Early Years provision through to post 16 providers, a grammar school and special school. National Leaders of Education, Specialist Leaders of Education and Senior Leaders, will lead facilitation through relevant and up to date course materials.
We deliver the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification for Headship, National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership and National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership, in partnership with Ambition Institute.
Each NPQ-regardless of level-covers seven leadership behaviours and six competencies:
- Personal drive
- Strategy and Improvement
- Leading with Impact
- Teaching and Curriculum
- Managing Resources and Risk
- Working in Partnership
- Building Capacity
In order to complete your chosen NPQ you will be required to:
- Attend all training sessions and any other requirements set out by the provider
- Complete an in school project and submit a write up of this project (showing how, through completion of this project, you have evidenced the required competencies and behaviours
- This project must last for at least two terms
- The NPQML and NPQSL require completion of one project only, whilst the NPQH requires the completion of two projects.
- For the NPQH one of these projects must be completed over a nine day placement in a contrasting school.
- You must submit your write up and all evidence within 18 months of the start of your programme.
Please see the NPQ Content and Assessment Framework for more detail about your chosen NPQ including assignments and placements.
To support you in the completion of your chosen NPQ our offer includes as standard:
- Expert designed curriculum, content and resources which align to the required leadership behaviours and competencies, provided by Ambition Institute
- Minimum 18 hours of face to face, facilitated training delivered over at least two terms (but no more than 18 months)
- Two 360° reviews (at the beginning and end of the programme)
- Option of a Viva
- A network of peers and relevant experts
- Assessment support and full assessment of your final submission
- Trained and quality assured facilitators of whom at least 50% are serving school leaders
We are now in our fourth year of delivering our NPQ programmes and are working with over 160 delegates from all across the region and beyond. Our prices are highly competitive and are regularly reviewed to ensure excellent value for money.
Applicants can apply through the links on this page for our 2020/21 programmes. For more information or to be added to our waiting list for new courses, please contact Ali Fisher at the Colmore Partnership TSA on 0121 675 8766 or email Alifisher@cptsa.co.uk.Please click on the links below to find out more about the programmes and eligibility for them.
For details of course dates and venues of all the programmes currently running in 2020/21:
New course update
Please note the following
- Delegates will have 12 months to complete and submit instead of 18 months. This is due to the license renewal process for providers being in August 2022
- These will be the last NPQ courses we are advertising until Autumn 2022. This will affect all providers nationally
- We can only run each NPQ course if we meet our minimum number of 10 delegates
- All courses will be delivered online using Zoom
- Applications are open now until Monday 16th November
For further information please contact Ali Fisher at The Colmore Teaching School firstname.lastname@example.org.
NPQH (Cohort 6 ) – £1400 per delegate.
*This is still the cheapest price in the West Midlands
Session 1a Monday 30th November 1- 4pm
Session 1b Tuesday 15th December 1- 4pm
Session 2a Monday 11th January 1- 4pm
Session 2b Wednesday 3rd February 1- 4pm
Session 3a Tuesday 2nd March 1- 4pm
Session 3b Thursday 22nd April 1- 4pm
Session 4a Wednesday 5th May 1- 4pm
Session 4b Tuesday 18th May 1- 4pm
Session 5a Monday 7th June 1- 4pm
Session 5b Wednesday 23rd June 1- 4pm
Session 6a and Session 6b Tuesday 6th July 9am – 3pm
The course will be held online via Zoom and will include a mandatory 9 day placement at a contrasting setting. The placement can be done remotely.
To download the application form click on the link: NPQH Application Form v5.2 Nov 20
NPQSL (Cohort 6 ) – £850 per delegate
*This is still the cheapest price in the West Midlands*
Session 1 Tuesday 1st December 1 -4pm
Session 2 Thursday 14th January 1- 4pm
Session 3 Wednesday 10th February 1- 4pm
Session 4 Monday 1st March 1- 4pm
Session 5 Wednesday 31st March 1- 4pm
Session 6 Tuesday 27th April 1- 4pm
Session 7 Monday 24th May 1- 4pm
Session 8 Wednesday 9th June 1- 4pm
Session 9 Monday 5th July 1- 4pm
The course will be held online via Zoom.
SL application form click on the link: NPQSL-Application-Form-v5 .1Nov 20
NPQML (Cohort 5) – £740 per delegate
*This is still the cheapest price in the West Midlands*
The course will be delivered online via Zoom.
Session 1 Friday 27th November 1- 4pm
Session 2 Friday 15th January 1- 4pm
Session 3 Thursday 25th February 1 -4pm
Session 4 Thursday 4th March 1- 4pm
Session 5 Thursday 22nd April 1- 4pm
Session 6 Friday 7th May 1 – 4pm
To download the NPQML application form click on the link: NPQML Application Form v5.2 Nov 20